Global Food Safety Manager
Job Title: Global Food Safety Manager
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Research & Development
- Lead Beverage, Snack, Nutrition or Dairy R&D or Supply Chain workstream strategy development, implementation and continuous improvement
- Align and influence Product Development, Global Functions Governance and Compliance (GFGC), Legal, Procurement and/or Supply Chain regarding government regulations and PepsiCo requirements
- Provide tactical expertise and executional assistance to Beverage, Snack, Nutrition or Dairy category's in driving consistency, alignment and compliance
- Leading development of project plans including tasks, timing and deliverables
- Conducting gap assessments to government regulations and PepsiCo requirements
- Developing technical positions and strategy for compliance
- Collaborating with Product Development, Global Functions Governance and Compliance (GFGC), Legal, Procurement and/or Supply Chain to build corrective action plans and ensure flawless execution of strategy's that support PepsiCo's annual operating plan
- Conducting verification activities to ensure compliance to project goals
- Developing/implementing analytics to drive improvement
- Providing guidance, support and training in the execution of PepsiCo project plans within Beverage, Snack, Nutrition or Dairy R&D, manufacturing and/or warehouse sites
- Act as point person for Global Food Safety inquiries
- Collaborate with Product Development, GFGC, Legal, Procurement and/or Supply Chain to establish direction for PepsiCo initiatives
- Translate consumer/customer/regulatory expectations to PepsiCo requirements and work in partnership with PepsiCo teams to develop an implementation strategy
- Interface with key R&D and Supply Chain personnel to identify needs and requirements
- Establish (define, develop/implement) PepsiCo management systems and processes to drive compliance to government regulations and PepsiCo requirements
- Communicate risks and improvements to Sr. Management to proactively respond to changing requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or other related technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in, Operations, R&D, or Quality in the food industry (preferred), or other consumer goods company.
- Experience with implementing management systems in the CPG industry - ISO 9001, 22000, 22002 background with accomplishments in design and implementation
- Demonstrated leadership in Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Quality/Food Safety Control, Quality Engineering, New Product Development, Manufacturing and/or R&D/Technical positions
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and/or Food Safety Plans and experienced driving corrective actions on food safety issues
- Ability to successfully manage people through change and transformation in a diverse, global fast paced organization.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment while leading and delivering projects. Ability to achieve quality results consistently despite obstacles. Monitors progress against goals, identifies issues and takes corrective action early
- Capable of influencing people whilst managing issues with a wide variety of internal and external partners.
- A team oriented person with skills that effectively bring people along. Ability to develop positive working relationships with customers, management and manufacturing personnel and gain commitment from others to accomplish work.
- Strong people management skills with demonstrated ability to lead a cross functional team, provide clear priorities and expectations, and effectively manage resource needs across a diverse global fast paced organization
- Detailed oriented individual with demonstrated ability to identify critical data and distill into business-focused technical recommendations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116219BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.