Global Proc Assoc Buyer
Job Title: Global Proc Assoc Buyer
Location: Arlington, TX
Category: Purchasing / Procurement
This position is responsible to lead and support pricing negotiations and contracts for indirect material purchases under $50K to ensure lowest cost, highest quality and best service. Administration of data management initiatives such as GCS test, data quality, productivity tracking, NCR's, and support of the direct buyer with AOP, forecasting, new vendor setups, and invoice accruals will be required. This position will maintain compliance to the Global Purchasing Procedures and SOPs while ensuring the most cost effective vendor relationships
- Negotiate and develop alternate suppliers to ensure high quality, low cost and on-time delivery of indirect materials
- Manage bid processes with vendors through the use of the Ariba system
- Manage and input contracts, NDA's and exception forms into the PepsiCo myContracts system
- Ensure compliance with PGCS Procurement Procedures
- Active participation as part of productivity team through ideation, execution, tracking, and reporting results on a periodic basis
- Evaluate supplier performance and provide key information to direct Manager and Procurement Manager for vendor performance evaluation
- Provide support for NPI process with new raw material and new vendor set up
- Documentation support for COO/NAFTA requirements for Global Customs & Trade
- Piece price and freight cost management to include negotiations and accrual of invoicing discrepancies and blocked invoices including review, investigation and approval
- Support of the forecasting, AOP and year end bidding analysis as required by the direct buyer
- Vendor NCR Management including follow up with supply base to resolution with log of communication in the Trackwise system.
- Negotiation and maintenance of vendor payment terms in support of global initiative of Net 60->90
- Ensure adequate control design and effective execution as required.
- Bachelor's degree required in business administration, engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in MRO/Indirects purchasing with emphasis in purchasing and inventory control
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills with ability to manage and develop supplier relationships.
- Interpersonal skills that provide the ability to influence in non-direct reporting environment
- SAP Knowledge and excellent skills in MS-Office
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks to completion
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115958BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.