Global Procurement Agriculture Manager
Job Title: Global Procurement Agriculture Manager
Location: Gothenburg, NE
Category: Purchasing / Procurement
The Gothenburg, NE Frito-Lay facility supplies food quality corn to Frito-Lay's manufacturing facilities to produce iconic brands such as Fritos, Doritos, and Tostitos. The site contracts with area growers to produce high quality dent corn delivered to the facility year round. This role is the senior on-site leader responsible for all facets of the facility's day-to-day performance, managing site employees, and facilitating local grower relationships. The Site Manager must be fully aligned as a technical and professional resource to help achieve performance goals of safety, cost, quality, and service to customers.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Accountable for all plant performance measures
- Provide leadership for site in developing goals and achieving continuous improvement targets
- Lead evolving and execution of a 5 year capital improvement plan for the facility
- Perform hiring, performance management, and oversee development of all team members on site
- Interface with manufacturing plants to enhance and optimize total supply chain performance
- Ensure facility programs and team members are fully trained and compliant with PepsiCo requirements and government regulations for safety, environmental, food safety and security
- Interface with local contract corn growers to source grain, schedule deliveries, enhance quality performance, and drive sustainable sourcing
- Provide leadership of corn variety approval program in effort with PepsiCo R&D to optimize quality and the overall cost of finished goods
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Agriculture, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Ability to manage numerous priorities simultaneously in a heavily autonomous environment
Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be a proven leader with results in developing others
- Have knowledge of the farming industry
- Five plus years' experience in a manufacturing, agricultural, or a related management position
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to provide support on all shifts
- Ability to travel up to 10%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116149BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.