Global Procurement - Agro R&D Intern (Post Graduate)
Job Title: Global Procurement - Agro R&D Intern (Post Graduate)
Location: Rhinelander, WI
Category: Campus (Intern/Leadership)
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The Global Procurement function is comprised of 4 practice areas:
- Agro (Crop-based products such as potatoes)
- Agro Research and Development ( Crop Improvement/Breeding, Variety Selection and Development, Variety Commercialization including Processing, Storage Research and Best Practices Development, Variety Specific Agronomy Development, Seed Production, Agro Technology Commercialization)
- Directs (Packaging and Ingredients)
- Indirects (Service/IT, Capital, Purchase Services, etc.)
- Traded Commodities (Corn, sugar, etc.)
The goal of PepsiCo's Global Procurement internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, agro business-driven environment. During the internship students will work on projects to solve dynamic and complex agro business issues.
At the end of the summer, interns report out to their Leadership Team on the key business points learned from their internship experience in one of the Agro Research Development areas.
What you can expect:
- Work with global teams on unique projects that have an impact on the business
- Gain insights to procurement agro best practices
- Deliver information across multiple teams and gain exposure to PepsiCo brands and products
- Build relationships with business leaders and partners
- Deliver on assignments that are challenging and rewarding
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Agribusiness, Agronomy, Horticulture, Pathology, Entomology, Breeding, Engineering or Agro related field required
- Experience and interest in agriculture
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to communicate to a variety of stakeholders, both verbally and written
- Proven people/project leadership throughout academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Master's or Ph. D degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 104756BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.