Global Procurement Associate Manager Fruit & Vegetable COE
Job Title: Global Procurement Associate Manager Fruit & Vegetable COE
Location: Purchase, NY
Category: Purchasing / Procurement
Global Procurement Associate Manager Fruit & Vegetable COE, Tropical Juices
The Associate Manager, Tropical Juice is responsible for from concentrate sourcing and Not From Concentrate of North America tropical juices and other key categories assigned. This role will manage spend of approximately $70MM+.
This position is responsible for:
- Commercial ownership and sourcing accountabilities for all juices in assigned spend categories including, not-from-concentrate juices and puree (NFC) and from-concentrate juices & purees (FC).
- Development of global strategies together with F&V COE Leads to ensure they are aligned to, and meet North America business unit needs
This role will work closely with F&V COE and cross-functional counterparts to execute procurement strategies and ensure compliance with PepsiCo policies. Expectations are for this individual to have excellent knowledge of the fruit and vegetable markets and supplier base and to be able to identify the appropriate purchasing levers in order to develop advantageous procurement strategies for PepsiCo.
Note: this role will be housed onsite at our Global HQ in Purchase NY. No relocation assistance is available.
- Stays informed of industry developments, capabilities and market trends related to F&V ingredients and leverages insights to develop advantageous sourcing strategies for PepsiCo.
- Understands price and cost structure and their associated drivers. Optimizes Total Cost of Ownership through leveraging internal & external drivers.
- Continuous optimization and productivity on assigned spend of ~$70MM Juice F&V spend.
- Maintains a solid working knowledge of all laws, duties, taxes and regulations affecting purchase and delivery of assigned commodities.
- Ensures safe and legal supply of all F&V ingredients in line with PepsiCo's R&D, Vendor Assurance and Food Safety policies and procedures, and PepsiCo's Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Leads negotiations with suppliers for assigned commodities and evaluates supplier offers based on balanced evaluation criteria, i,e, cost, quality, service, innovation, sustainability.
- Manages the commercial relationship with Suppliers' personnel assigned to PepsiCo.
- Supports PepsiCo's Supplier Diversity Program, by developing new and existing Diversity Suppliers and growing PepsiCo's total diversity spend.
- Develops & maintains balanced supplier evaluation score cards based on quality, cost, service, innovation, sustainability.
- Responsible for developing price standards for assigned components. Accountable on the same components for forecasting and analysing the Purchase Price Variance, Year over Year and performance versus market/competition.
- Ensures that all suppliers comply with PepsiCo's Supplier Code of Conduct and are approved in accordance to PepsiCo's SQA global standards and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering, Agriculture or other related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in procurement, agriculture, supply chain, operations, or other relevant experience, ideally in the food and beverage industry, and ideally with extensive experience and understanding of food supply chains, including agriculture.
- Drive for Results - Communicates persuasively to win support, minimizes or removes barriers that get in the way of achieving results, and leverages understanding of key business drivers in own area to get results
- Collaborating & Influencing - influences others through reasoning and relationships and understands how to operate in a matrix organization and use networks appropriately to get things done.
- Procurement Strategic thinking: Ability to formulate and then translate strategies into plans that can be effectively executed.
- Analytical thinking: Ability to quickly analyze data and transform it into meaningful insights.
- Very good knowledge of the fruit value chain as well as the juice market (supplier & competitor landscape, market fundamentals, agricultural forces, etc.).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 108358BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.