Global Procurement Manager
Job Title: Global Procurement Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Category: Purchasing / Procurement
- Commercial ownership and sourcing accountabilities for all powders, proteins, and ingredients required to support NAN innovation which will fuel PepsiCo's transformation to a more nutrition focused organization. Ingredients include algae, Fiber, Soy protein, and Rice protein powders, and Green tea, Ginseng and Turmeric extracts.
- Development of global strategies to ensure sourcing plans meet North America Nutrition innovation needs to support rapid growth.
- Communication and execution of sourcing strategies, supplier selection, negotiations, as well as supplier and contract management for competitive advantage and rapid innovation.
- This role will work closely with cross-functional counterparts to execute procurement strategies and ensure compliance with PepsiCo policies. Expectations are for this individual to have excellent knowledge of direct materials, ideally including the ingredients market and supplier base, and to be able to identify the appropriate purchasing levers in order to develop advantageous procurement strategies for PepsiCo.
- This role directly manages assigned key category direct spend for nutrition ingredients. Total category spend is TBD but is expected to exceed $50MM over the PSP.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering, Supply Chain, Agriculture or other related field.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in procurement, agriculture, supply chain, operations, or other relevant experience, ideally in the food and beverage industry, and ideally with extensive experience and understanding of food supply chains.
- Drive for Results - Communicates persuasively to win support, minimizes or removes barriers that get in the way of achieving results, and leverages understanding of key business drivers in own area to get results
- Collaborating & Influencing - influences others through reasoning and relationships and understands how to operate in a matrix organization and use networks appropriately to get things done.
- Procurement Strategic thinking: Ability to formulate and then translate strategies into plans that can be effectively executed.
- Analytical thinking: Ability to quickly analyze data and transform it into meaningful insights.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with ability to adapt style to circumstance and drive alignment at Senior levels of the organization
- Very strong analytical skills
- Prior commodity purchasing experience is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114680BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.