Global Sustainable Agriculture Solutions Manager - Virtual
Job Title: Global Sustainable Agriculture Solutions Manager - Virtual
Location: Plano, TX
Category: Research & Development
By 2050, our global population is projected to reach over 9.5 billion. What does that mean? In just 34 growing seasons, the world's farmers must learn to feed almost 2.5 billion more people. But how will they overcome increasing weather variability, challenged farm economics and ever increasing scrutiny from the public eye? PepsiCo's Sustainable Farming Initiative (SFI) was established to enable farmers to build capability and deliver performance that is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable. It is a continuous improvement program that identifies opportunities and delivers solutions that drive positive impact across PepsiCo's agricultural supply chain. The SFI, which is managed by the Global Sustainable Agriculture team within PepsiCo's Office of Sustainability, will be a key delivery mechanism for multiple goals within PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose (PwP) 2025 Agenda. The Sustainable Agriculture Solutions Mgr will primarily be responsible for facilitating application of risk mitigation and productivity solutions in support of the Performance with Purpose. This critical player will work collaboratively with the regional SFI deployment leads to develop impact projects in response to identified opportunities, leverage specialist service providers to deploy solutions and track impact.
Key accountabilities include:
- Manage the \"solution network\" for targeted region(s).
- Identify and track collaboration opportunities (with peer companies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government) to address locally-relevant risks and opportunities
- Identify and vet local solution providers (external companies/organizations) that can be leveraged for the deployment of impact projects.
- Seek out proven solutions (e.g. agronomic practices, technologies, tools) that enhance agricultural sustainability and support the PwP 2025 Agenda
- Work directly with regionalSFI deployment leads to develop improvement plans to address identified risks and opportunities
- Review relevant data to align on priority opportunities
- Leverage \"solution network\" to identify key players and local initiatives relevant for solution development/deployment
- Align on the improvement plan details (e.g. impact project tactics, deployment schedule, resourcing) for driving positive impact
- Ensure improvement plans have a defined strategy for measuring and documenting impact
- Track and interpret impact resulting from the deployment of solutions
- Coordinate acquisition of impact-specific data according to the improvement plans
- Interpret data and integrate learnings back into the \"solution network\"
- Collaborate with the Sustainable Ag Data Analyst in rolling up impact data to support progress tracking against relevant Performance with Purpose goals
- Work closely with the Sustainable Ag Solutions Coordinator to ensure solution management and impact tracking are occurring consistently from region to region, and successful solutions are promoted across the globe
- Bachelors in Agriculture or related science-based discipline to degree level. Strong understanding of key agricultural sustainability opportunities and challenges for the food and beverage industry
- Ability to remain tactical and results-oriented in ambiguous, complex and less-structured environments. Strong time mgmt skills/ability to handle multiple projects/set priorities and plan
- Proven skill in influencing/negotiating to foster alignment and drive follow-through
- Able to effectively work with people from all walks of life (varying cultures/standards of living/ education)
- Subject Matter Expert in at least one of these areas: Decision/Precision Agriculture tools and technologies/Social sustainability and human rights in agriculture/Supporting sustainable development through preservation of High Conservation Value areas across agricultural landscapes/Climate & Water Smart Agriculture/Mechanisms for building capability and increasing yield with large, medium and/or smallhold farmers and farming systems/Sustainable dairy farming
- 5+ yrs of field based experience in agricultural supply chains, preferably in the area of \"Sustainable Agriculture.\" Potato, Grains, Oats and Oranges preferred
- 3+ yrs of exp in project mgmt (planning/execution/reporting) preferably with focus on continuous improvement
- Preferred: Research and training experience. Preferred: Multilingual (English required)
- Must be willing to travel globally up to 30% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 114682BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.