Global Trade Services Compliance Manager will be a position which is a member of the overall Home Depot Global Trade Services Team. This position will focus on compliance. This position will be required to manage the Global Trade Compliance program for the Home Depot.
- Serving as the Global Trade Compliance subject matter expert in both imports and Foreign Trade Zones.
- Responsible for day to day compliance activities for our Foreign Trade Zones and U.S. Imports
- Must be detailed oriented with the tenacity to research complex compliance and supply chain anomalies and provide strategic solutions.
- This position requires an in depth knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Classification, ADD/CVD determination, post entry procedures such as Prior Disclosures, Inventory management and FTZ processes.
- Responsible for minimizing risk of substantial federal fines, penalties, liquidated damages and seizures thus diminishing devastating disruptions in global supply chain.
- In depth knowledge of the Customs Regulations (19CFR) as it relates to FTZ’s, Fines and Penalties and Import Operations/Customs Entry
- Working closely with various government agencies including: U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Transportation, and U.S. Department of Agriculture as needed to facilitate international trade
- Conduct internal audits and publish results and work with internal partners to address any known issues
- Work very closely with our Internal Audit department and bring closure to open audit findings in a timely manner
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Develops solutions that leverage the Company' s volumes, systems and partnerships while providing consistently high levels of customer service in a cost-effective manner.
Identifies and prioritizes logistics needs and communicates recommendations to upper management in order to achieve efficient product distribution.
Provides data and recommendations on product tracking, route analysis, rerouting, costing and usage alternatives.
Advises IS and system users in the development and implementation of logistics systems improvements and changes.
Responds to Requests for Information (RFI) from potential software vendors.
Tests vendor software packages to identify potential shortcomings; ascertains vendors' ability to customize products to Home Depot specifications.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Sr. Manager, Director Sr. Director or VP
Typically requires interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
Typically considers new courses of action within broad policies and medium-term goals when solving problems.
Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5- 7 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
5-7 years’ experience in International Trade Compliance
Licensed Customs Broker
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other closely related subject matter
Background in Import Trade Compliance auditing a plus
Proficient in use of Microsoft products including Excel and Access
Ability to think analytically a must and required to transform that into actionable reporting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated abilty to perform financial analysis. Ability to ascertain and solve problems. Strong computer skills.
Strong communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.