Government Affairs, Sr. Analyst
Job Title: Government Affairs, Sr. Analyst
Location: Purchase, NY
This is a new role supporting global public policy development in corporate Public Policy & Government Affairs. Our industry is facing an increasingly volatile and threatening policy environment, and it is more important than ever that we respond strategically. This position will support public policy and government affairs efforts of colleagues around the world by tracking, inventorying, and analyzing regulatory issues and how various markets responded to those risks. Vital to success in this role are impeccable attention to detail, strong writing, handling confidential information with discretion, and proactive relationship-building with colleagues from different backgrounds. The Senior Analyst, Global Public Policy will report to the Director, Global Public Policy and support the Senior Director, Global Public Policy Development as needed.
- Lead the building, tracking and maintaining of an inventory of priority regulatory issues and become deeply knowledgeable on specific topics
- Prepare summaries, analyses, and reports based on data collected
- Build and maintain primary relationships with internal stakeholders across Public Policy and Government Affairs
- Correspond with colleagues across the globe regularly to gather information relating to identified regulatory risks
- Working on tight deadlines, contribute to existing process for reporting to senior executives (working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as championing a new process involving a digital, cloud-based contact relationship management (CRM) system
- Other special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Outstanding attention to detail & strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Resourceful, proactive self-starter with a drive for results
- Comfortable with and easily able to navigate ambiguity and complexity while developing successful solutions
- Ability to think quickly, produce deliverables in a timely manner, respond to changing demands, anticipate future problems, and recommend preventive courses of action
- Intellectually curious, with a track record of demonstrated ability and willingness to learn and apply knowledge to develop new and creative solutions
- Ability to synthesize information from different sources to make clear, concise, and consistent recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually and with others and accommodate global time zones; ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships is key
- Interest in public policy issues relevant to PepsiCo
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint and willing to learn new technologies
- Converting and manipulating documents in Adobe Acrobat
- Adopting and using CRM platform (such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics)
- Working internationally, or with international colleagues
- Working in public policy, government affairs, community relations, or other relevant field for five years
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 116617BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.