Graduate Software Engineer (Fulltime) Development Norway
Location:Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Start Date: August 2017
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Application deadline: ASAP
Please note that we review applications and interview on an ongoing basis
How to apply?
Please send your CV, application and copy of your grade transcript to
Questions? Please contact Linn Hesthag
Cisco innovates everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
At Lysaker in Norway,
we have a team of 350 engineers who create breathtaking collaboration
technologies in order to make it easier for people to connect. Play a crucial
role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile,
desktop and security spaces. You will build applications that make technology
accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create
solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
What you will do:
● Create great collaboration experiences by writing good
quality software on multiple platforms
● Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with developers, test, design and product management during our iterative development cycles where product development is done from idea to finished article.
● Deploy your work in the Cisco cloud and get fast feedback on usage and adoption
● Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
What you need to be eligible:
● In the last year of study or recently graduated from a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Maths, Physics
● Passionate about product development
● Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
● Experience with C/C++/Python/Java is desirable
● Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
● Comfortable with working in teams
● Good English verbal and written skills
What we offer you:
● Total Rewards: Through our Total Rewards program, you’re rewarded beyond just pay: professionally, intellectually, financially and personally
● We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
● Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
● Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all.
● A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
● Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco
● A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place To Work in 2015
● Design-awarded office: Our innovation center is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
Have a look at what it’s like working at Cisco Norway:
Are you ready to change