Supports Corporate Communications and External Affairs (CCEA) team, including The Home Depot Foundation, Team Depot PR, Brand PR, Corporate Communications and Events Management teams, with their graphic design and visual communications needs. Responsibilities include design solutions for signage, print and web collateral, social media content, advertisements, presentations for speaking engagements and proposals, and assets for internal communication channels. Role also includes asset management, vendor and creative agency coordination, support for video production and management of deliverables.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 40% - Create overall layout and production design for ongoing and ad-hoc projects in support of team priorities, including event collateral and signage, infographics, social and online assets, print collateral, presentations, advertisements, etc
- 25% - Advise internal CCEA partners on creative strategy and guide visual concepts that inspire and inform respective audiences. Provide vendor and resource solutions for creative needs.
- 20% - Manage projects and creative timelines, ensuring all deliverables are designed, proofed and delivered on time. Ensure the look and feel of the final product is consistent with The Home Depot and Home Depot Foundation’s message and brand.
- 10% - Serve as the CCEA design liaison to other departments including Trend & Design, In-Store Environment, Marketing, Associate Communications, etc.
- 5% - Maintain CCEA’s digital asset library, including obtaining timely assets from internal partners on an ongoing basis, coordinating bi-annual refreshes, maintaining platform technology and accessibility, and ensuring relevant file formats.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- This position reports to Manager PR.
- This position has no direct reports.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- • Strong familiarity with offset and digital printing is required, with an understanding of web and online production.
- • Experience managing graphic design, print production, distribution and fulfillment.
- • Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint is required.
- • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- • Experience in AfterEffects, as well as photography and video editing skills, preferred.
- • Team player
- • Demonstrated ability to solve problems and prioritize responsibilities
- • Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- • Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
- • Excellent listening and interpretive skills
- • Creative thinker and ability to develop concepts with limited direction
- • Organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- • Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- • Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- • Analytic skills and ability to manage budgets
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.