The manager, learning design, is responsible for supervising the development and design of learning deliverables to meet the objectives defined by the Home Services Learning Department. The key responsibility is to ensure excellence by developing and managing the design and development process. To do this the individual must be able to give guidance to a team of writers/designers and be able to effectively collaborate with other internal learning teams, various functional groups and third party vendors. This person will be responsible for overseeing the design, production, and implementation of learning deliverables. In addition to the design responsibilities, the manager, learning design will track, record and provide regular updates on all learning project statuses and key project milestones.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 50% - Engage in the design and development of learning projects with alignment to the needs of the business
- 30% - Review incoming learning projects; design realistic project plans for timely completion; ensure needs of the business are incorporated into teams; designs / projects
- 10% - Track and record progress of all learning initiatives providing regular updates on all learning project statuses and key project milestones.
- 10% - Assess training effectiveness by reviewing appropriate evaluation data and making changes based on feedback
This position reports to Director of Learning for Owned Businesses in Home Services
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Experience with instructional design and development, video production, script writing, and project management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to take abstract ideas and convert them into meaningful learning objectives
- Influences and persuades
- Plans, organizes, and manages projects appropriately and efficiently
- Communicates effectively
- Makes sound business decisions in accordance with the Values
- Ensures Quality
- Knows and uses leading learning technology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.