The HDE Sales Manager is responsible for creating a high performing selling culture and achieve this through store connectivity, development/coaching of team, Sales Consultant staffing and delivering world class customer service. The SM will lead a team of commissioned Sales Consultants to go into the homes of Home Depot customers and successfully close the sales of HDE's product lines (roofing, siding, windows, gutters, insulation, etc). The SM drives store connectivity by building and maintaining relationships with store management and associates, continually updating/training them on HDE's product offerings. The SM is also responsible for driving lead generation efforts in the stores through the sales team. The SM will manage Sales Consultants through every aspect of the employment life cycle including hiring, training/coaching, performance management, etc. The SM will lead a team of Sales Consultants to achieve sales targets for an assigned territory and will be responsible for understanding, analyzing and prioritizing business metrics (e.g., scorecards, KPI, etc). The SM is responsible for the customer experience and ensuring the sales team delivers world class customer service; this is accomplished proactively by consistently monitoring reports to ensure customer's projects are moving through the job process efficiently as well as being accountable to Voice of the Customer scores and feedback.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 20%-Recruit, coach, manage, & retain a team of commissioned Sales Consultants. Continually train SC's on HDE's sales process and new/updated products and offerings.
- 20%-Understand, analyze and prioritize business metrics. Drive assigned sales team to achieve sales targets for assigned territory. Monitor progress toward the achievement of all business metrics. Implement action plans to improve performance.
- 20%-Drive store connectivity and building relationships with store partners. Train store partners/associates on HDE products and service offerings.
- 20%-Drive lead generation efforts with sales team including in-store events, SC time in stores, referrals, etc.
- 20%-Drive customer service by responding to escalated customer inquiries/concerns and leveraging relationships with Installation partners.
Position Reports to Branch Sales Managers
Number of Direct Reports: 5+
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Must be flexible with schedule and able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Prior management of a commissioned sales team
- Prior home improvement industry experience or in-home sales experience
- Prior experience with successful lead generation
- Computer and application skills and use of varied technology (email, iPad and apps, etc)
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Ability to motivate a commissioned sales force
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation skills
- Collaborative, team-builder leadership style
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.