Home Depot Interiors is responsible for the sales and marketing of premium kitchen and bath remodeling products along with a Home Organization product line. The In-Store Promoter is responsible for the marketing of these programs within Home Depot stores they are assigned to generate sales leads for Sales Consultants and Sales Managers. In-Store Promoters will also attend store events and home shows as requested. This is a part-time, entry level position requiring an outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills, and the first step to a career path in sales and/or marketing with Home Depot.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Generates kitchen refacing leads by approaching customers within the store and introducing them to our business, qualifying them and arranging for a free in-home consultation. Provides accurate product information to the customer.
- Set-up and break down a store display in locations that allow it and help maintain the selling center with needed brochures and materials.
- Attend home shows and store events and promotes the HDI business to attendees.
- Work with Home Depot store associates and management to maintain a positive working relationship.
- Meet or exceed established productivity goals.
- Other job duties as assigned by manager.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position Reports to: Marketing Branch Manager Number of Direct Reports: 0
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass Background Check. Must pass pre-employment test if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE -1
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Knowledge or experience in the home improvement, retail or telemarketing field. Ability to travel to various locations based upon business needs is preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong customer service skills. • Good written and verbal communication skills with focus on flexibility of style to reach multiple audiences. • Excellent relationship building skills. • Good presentation and selling skills. • Ability to initiate conversations with customers and accept possible rejection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.