We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our team uses the latest technologies to build new products that facilitate 10-figure sales volumes at The Home Depot. We invest proactively in our people. The mission of the QuoteCenter product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest web technologies and data tools.
We are searching for a Lead Business Analyst on our Catalog product team who is passionate about translating business and technical requirements into solutions. The goal of your efforts in this role is to leverage data to create merchandising programs that streamline the sales process for our associates.
We prefer candidates with prior business analysis experience in a retail environment. We are seeking those candidates who have a knack for linking numbers to business opportunities, and who can effectively communicate to and influence stakeholders. Minimum high school education, degree in business or similar field required; MBA or other advanced credential a major plus, but not required. Experience in Tableau (or other analytical software), SQL, project management a strong plus. We will accept more work experience in place of a degree.
Recent experience in a Business or Data Analyst role is required
Ability to collaborate with management, product strategy and product development teams on vision, strategy and program design
Work with stakeholders, users and subject matter experts to gain a functional understanding of the application, document business knowledge, collect and prioritize requirements
Determine operational objectives by gathering information from subject matter experts in the following areas: product development, product strategy, operations, field and store associates
Become the expert on current and new product categories
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
35% - Optimize current programs based on industry trends and management objectives
25% - Ability to mentor team members and take project leadership as needed
15% - Data-driven approach to prioritization and manage product roadmaps in an Agile SDLC
15% - Ability to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables and to develop project plans that identify key issues, approaches and performance metrics
10% - Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager Merchandise Management Systems.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience developing complex technology solutions and performing analysis on feature requirements against system capabilities
- Experience communicating and delivering content to external parties
- Ability to recognize and proactively manage the appropriate content and interactions for dealing with third parties
- Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational and analytical skills
- History of documenting expectations in clear and presentable format
- Experience with various applications and tools, including JIRA, Visio, MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases and various analytics tools
- Clear and articulate communication style to partner collaboratively across multiple departments with a consultative approach to assess and solve business problems for internal and external customers. You must build cross-department relationships to further business requirement definition
- Must be successful in a team environment and drive collaborative work initiatives
- Able to be successful in a more ambiguous role with targets and goals that change frequently
- Retail industry experience preferred, not required
- Experience analyzing and visualizing data through BI solutions (Tableau) a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form
- Polished presentation skills, creating materials and presenting to various levels of management
- Big picture thinker able to operate effectively at 30,000 foot view, but also able to get into the details when necessary
- Strong story teller, is able to formulate cohesive messages with meaningful and impactful points that resonate with target audience
- Self-starter, requires little to no direction to be effective at role
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.