- The HDQC Services Specialist's role is to provide quality professional service that consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer/vendor expectations. The position is directly responsible for creating, maintaining and improving customer/vendor relationships while interacting with customers/vendors on a daily basis during sales and product inquiry transactions. This role will be supporting Special Order Truss and Components quoting and selling. Position is also directly responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales, individual call quality and various related department goals. The Specialist may also be required to organize and coordinate bid processes for orders; creating quotes within margin guidelines and creating profitable sales growth. Their ability to track the bid process and ensure timely completion and deadlines are met is essential to their success. The Services Specialist is a coach to Services Expediter and works with them to drive the closing of a sale, take ownership of customer issues and provides complete end to end issue resolution. The Services Specialist also negotiates the cost of goods with special order suppliers.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides superior service while handling inbound calls for order placement and product inquiry; effectively manages escalated issues.
- Drives repeat business by providing excellent service, accurate and thorough product/service knowledge and establishing attractive bids for the customer that meet profitability standards.
- Keeps customers/vendors informed on the status of orders, reconciles errors in a cost effective manner, resolves post-order issues such as returns and follows up to ensure all customer/vendor needs are fulfilled. Where needed, acts as liaison between customer and manufacturer, as well as between customer and freight carrier.
- Meets or exceeds requirements for productivity, schedule adherence, quality and attendance. Completes assignments accurately despite a large workload.
- Research and identify new opportunities to increase sales.
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers to maintain open communication for feedback and product reviews.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Supervisor or Manager
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Associate's degree
- Proficient in SAP/CRM,IBM, and Outlook and navigation of common web applications
- Retail Experience to include suggestion selling skills
2 years of customer service or retail building materials or plated truss design ,sales or manufacturing
- Home Improvement Experience
- Ability to partner with internal and external business partners
- 4 years Special Order Truss and Components design and sales.
- Heavy sales background with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the supply chain and commodity market (pricing, quality expected by customer base, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Skilled at consistently providing outstanding service, following through on responsibilities to customers/vendors and recovering from any errors made.
- Demonstrate ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, catching errors before completion, despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with customers/vendors.
- Possesses effective listening, speaking and writing skills.
- Skilled at adjusting communication style to meet audience needs and expectations.
- Ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate broad-based knowledge of Home Depot product offerings supported by Quote Center.
- Capable of and interested in continuous learning primarily focused on the business, customer service techniques and products supported by the Quote Center.
- Attention to quality and detail
- Microsoft Windows/Office proficient
- Proficient typing/keyboarding skills
- Multi-tasking capability/Time and Case Management skills
- Negotiating/Influencing skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.