Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies applied to business problems, solving real needs for customers who spend billions of dollars across our stores in North America.
What is it like to work at The Home Depot QuoteCenter?
We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our team uses the latest technologies to build new products that facilitate 10-figure sales volumes at The Home Depot. We invest proactively in our people. The mission of the QuoteCenter product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest web technologies and data tools.
We are searching for a Senior Manager of Product Management to own the product roadmap and product management discipline at QuoteCenter. In this role, you will work with our existing team of managers, software developers, designers and analysts as QuoteCenter expands as a core strategic product within Home Depot’s portfolio.
We’re looking for a blend of experience and education with a minimum high school education (prefer a MBA and Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent), along with minimum five years of experience working in a product management role within a SaaS company.
- Work with the QC leadership team to define and document the QuoteCenter's product strategy pillars: identity, vision, mission
- Create and maintain the high-level QuoteCenter product roadmap
- Develop and mentor the product management discipline on the team: develop the theory & practice within product areas
- Define, hire, and train the product manager and product analyst roles; create a team assimilation and integration plan, manage allocation and deployment to QC product areas
-Select and introduce product management tools and pattern
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25% - Manage a Product Management team in defining a world-class customer experience that bridges the online and multi-channels; Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs and use that knowledge to create a product roadmap with their team which delivers site features that provide customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
25% - Maintain a product & feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, site performance and operational support load. Ensure team writes complete & detail-oriented product requirements documents; Ensure clear communications of requirements to the business, design, usability & development teams
15% - Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the teams ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals; As the subject matter expert, forecast, monitor, understand and report on teams product lines and own the overall results
15% - Create buy-in for their product vision both within the online team and with key enterprise stakeholders; Lead cross-functionally to ensure Home Depot implements the business vision efficiently
10% - Leverage their thorough understanding of the retail industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and competitor/industry developments when managing priorities and trade-offs on their product and feature roadmap
10% - Identify and assess the value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Director Product Strategy and Operations.
This position has 6 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Proven product manager
- The ideal candidate is someone who has built and shipped products (from concept to launch)
- Experience building & managing effective product teams
- The ideal candidate will have experience building multiple successful product management models that can scale
- Demonstrated expert in product management theory and practice
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to rally peer QuoteCenter managers and leaders and excite them with a vision for product management as a discipline at QuoteCenter
- Excited by the opportunity to develop and mature the product management practice in a relatively young and immature organization
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading by experience as well as execution
- Experience managing the constraints and tensions of:
- Executive-level stakeholders with a short-term focus and attention span
- Balancing innovative disruption versus incremental improvement
- Experience incorporating data analysis into the product management process
- The ideal candidate is someone who can help QuoteCenter strike the right balance between quantitative and qualitative inputs
- Mentor and teacher
- The ideal candidate will bring a dynamic personality to the team; they will be non-threatening and approachable
- Experience working with agile SaaS product teams
- Context with centrally-delivered / web-based application(s)
- Advocate of continuous delivery cycle
- Recent experience in a relevant software product management role is required.
- Recent experience operating in a leadership capacity, i.e. managing project teams or direct management is a bonus.
- Proven ability to digest high level problems and move through the process of questioning, analyzing, and troubleshooting to defining potential solutions, gaining stakeholder buy-in and collaborating with necessary teams to execute strategy
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form.
- Polished presentation skills, creating materials and presenting to various levels of management.
- Big picture thinker able to operate effectively at 30,000 foot view, but also able to get into the details when necessary.
- Strong story teller, is able to formulate cohesive messages with meaningful and impactful points that resonate with target audience.
- Self-starter, requires little to no direction to be effective at role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.