Head of Customer Experience Design
Job Title: Head of Customer Experience Design
Location: New York, NY
Category: Marketing / Communications
The Head of Customer Experience Design, PepsiCo, is an executive design leader responsible for the identification, creation, management, and execution of comprehensive brand design strategies with a focus on cross-portfolio brand development. S/He will have a major impact on the innovation and growth of PepsiCo's portfolio of brands. S/he will partner closely with senior leadership in our (Hotel, Hospitality and Food Service) and (Retail Sales and Marketing) teams with a focus on retention and acquisition of key customers by developing new/elevated consumer communication and experiences and new products/formats specific to Food Service. Design's successful collaboration with key retail and food service customers is a critical and valuable point of differentiation from PepsiCo's competition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Design Leadership: Leads design strategies for our Customer Experience team: demonstrating an ability to understand the technical, social and emotional values that have critical business significance. Successfully directs multi-disciplinary design teams and actively mentors design colleagues. Maintains a flow of value through the integration of the business strategies, market and social trends, and available latest technologies. Develops and adjusts strategies and/or processes to meet changing market and competitive conditions while considering the impacts on the global business. Role reports to Global Head of Brand Design.
- Design cross-channel customer experiences that strengthen PepsiCo's global brand presence and relationships with key food service and retail customers.
- Execute innovative retail and hospitality experiences to create meaningful touch points between the consumer and our brands.
- Showcase new brands and revitalize existing brands through the design of environmental activations and events.
- Create narratives that link our individual brands into broader portfolio stories.
- Design and execute center store aisle and front of store disruptions with key customers to draw consumers to PepsiCo's products while creating exciting destinations that enhance the customers' environments and the consumers' retail experience
- Design and execute exciting destinations for PepsiCo's products within larger hospitality environments.
- Design R&D and Innovation: Identifies and promotes self-initiated brand design programs that generate critical business value.
- External Design Network: Supports the PepsiCo Design Organization in building and cultivating a strong external design network.
- Talent Development: Responsible for finding and attracting the best design talent and for leading and mentoring internal staff. Establishes objectives, supervises activities, and manages performance. Plays an active role in expanding talent bench depth, improving office atmosphere and coaching teams to win.
- Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time.
- Brand Design Development: Takes ownership of the visual identity for the Corporate enterprise, working in collaboration with the Chief Design Officer, the Product Design Leader and the other design leaders in the organization, cutting across brand, product, packaging, marketing equipment, and advertising worldwide. Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output. Participates in research activities and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements.
- Supporting the PepsiCo Design Organization Globally: Partners regularly with Design, Marketing and business teams outside the US. Shares work and supports the development of a global design culture.
- 12+ years of deep brand and consumer communication/activation design experience (preferably in a global and matrixed environment or working as consultant from a design firm for such organizations)
- A gifted manager and leader
- Ability to work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Extensive knowledge of graphic and architectural/experience design principles
- A global citizen with a deep understanding of the global marketplace and a passion for culture.
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Must be willing and able to travel 30% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 97740BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.