Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Location: Mesquite, TX
This position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by ensuring regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, and DOT), accident prevention and after injury management. This position reports to the Regional HSE Manager and will work to support implementation of the NAB HSE Management System across a defined Market / region and containing unique complexities which may include large quantity of facilities/locations/associates, large geographical area of coverage or HSE infrastructure requiring additional attention and skills to manage in a compliant manner . The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in employee safety and environmental regulations as well as have OSHA, EPA, and DOT compliance experience and be highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained HSE performance improvements
This person is responsible for deploying, implementing, and leading the HSE agenda, throughout a specific territory, by supporting the Senior Management team with integration of Safety and Environmental, prevention, workers' compensation and regulatory compliance into everyday work life. The M&W HSE Manager has responsibility to analyze accident data, develop and implement actionable safety and environmental solutions. The candidate is expected to provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving ability to develop best-in-class HSE programs for the improvement of the overall HSE strategy at the appointed locations and specifically in the areas of M&W (Manufacturing and Warehouse). In addition, this position may or may not have direct reports (L6 - Specialist).
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with the Pepsi-North American Beverages HSE policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, etc.)
- Manage local HSE budget
- Lead the development and implementation of the HSE Annual Operating Plans and HSE Action Plans for the Market Unit
- Achieve annual targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, and Environmental
- Ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and environmental regulations
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Conduct HSE activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, and internal PepsiCo HSE procedures
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the location leadership to drive continuous HSE improvement across the location
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
Basic Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with greater than 5 yrs work experience in HSE
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Make and deliver training presentations
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Maintain confidentiality. Make independent decisions
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Safety management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- Safety degree and/or related certification
- Knowledge and experience with HSE Management systems and their deployment
- HSE auditing. CSP, CIH, and/or CHMM desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115028BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.