Healthcare Project Manager - Newtown Square, PA(Job Number:703975)
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. Here, we're on a mission to make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Project Manager, you'll drive innovation forward, impacting millions of lives. This is the opportunity to grow and develop, bring all your study, all your training and your energy to a new level.
As a Project Manager, you'll work within our business model that is highly adaptable, allowing you to quickly and effectively address emerging needs in a changing health care landscape. You will be involved with initiatives crossing business teams and operating groups to coordinate projects, define performance, and drive results. You'll investigate non-standard requests and problems, make presentations to leadership and take pride in completing projects on time and within scope. If your heart starts pounding when you realize the impact you can have by bringing your skills to a team made up of some of the smartest people you'll ever work with, then join us for something special. Join us as we continue to take on challenges and create innovative solutions. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions as you do your life's best work.(SM)
Responsible for the coordination and completion of
projects across various functional areas. Typically, employees in this
function are working towards or have achieved certification in project
management. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project
scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource
allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on
established project management techniques. Makes presentations to
management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results.
Ensures projects are completed on time and in scope. May manage vendor
and service providers to define project scope and performance
expectations. Incumbents maybe part of a project management office (PMO)
in their business. Project Management roles specific to a particular
functional area should be assigned to that family where appropriate
(e.g. IT Project Managers should be placed in the IT Family). Employees
in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act
Business Strategy, Planning and Communication
Reengineering and Transformation Management
- Review current performance (metric & financial) of the complete Optum Executive Health resource business and work with executive leadership to identify business objectives, set goals & milestones for long term and short term. Setup review mechanism to track business performance at regular intervals
- Work with the Optum Executive Health resource Management (COO, CFO, VP) to come up with the resource requirements and corresponding skill sets for various lines of businesses, strictly confirming to the approved budget and acceptable company policy defined variations.
- Define and Drive competitive strategy to enable Best in class - Service delivery, Cost, Value addition, Improved revenue, stronger margins, higher win rates in acquiring new customers.
- Responsible for conceptualizing / managing /leading programs in support of business objective to grow revenue base and improve margins by delivering high impact initiatives. Also making inroads to reduce total cost of ownership for Optum Executive Health resource 1600 clients
- Collaborate with the Enterprise groups like Sales and Solutioning teams through project coping, resource estimation, and pricing of new reengineering opportunities.
- Partnering with Executive Management & Re-engineering Leadership to review project priorities and progress with stakeholders, conduct stakeholder meetings, and review revenue performance of projects in the pipeline.
- Defines acceptance criteria for each project deliverable, works with the team(s) to establish delivery dates, and ensure they meet all customer acceptance criteria, securing sign-off on each deliverable
- Forecast Re-engineering revenue
- Formulation and approval of Policies and Procedures and drive compliance
- Participate in business pipeline discussions with the leaders to review the prospective deals and to devise ways of increasing the sales pipeline for ?Concurrent? and ?Appeals? business and subsequent planning for converting them into long term partners
- Perform budgetary exercise with management and ensure funds are allocated for hiring, business transformation programs, new initiatives and for team capability development. Take approval from Chief financial officer wherever required. Ensure team budgets are spent in line with company defined policies
- Responsible for leading all external and internal communication for the span and accountable for Conflict & Change Management that may arise in my portfolio and engagement
- Identify Key Market and Industry trends in Physician Advisor Space and develop blue prints to stay ahead of the changes with no compromise on business delivery and employee satisfaction
- Drive consensus and decision-making with in the business especially among Functional Managers and executive leadership
Team and Performance Management
- Responsible for reducing business costs through leading & deployment of global Re-engineering projects within the domain
- Formulate the business strategy and plan for execution of Work force Management solutions
- Create a charter OpX and Re-engineering functions and agenda for the year and align it to organization priority.
- Secure sponsorship for business cases needed to secure funding post the discovery phase of the reengineering engagement via Risk & Cost Benefit analysis
- Drive the process of Project and Program identification, prioritization, assign owners and get the right traction.
- Manage the group of experts to employ multi-pronged approach of better volume forecasting, scheduling and real time queue management to ensure delivery within agreed service levels. Manage the decision making for all changes related to Workforce Management in the Optum Executive Health resource organization
- Deploy Analytics based business Intelligent system so that actionable information is available for business managers in taking fact based decisions for growing revenue, increasing profitability and for efficient operation of the business processes
- Guide and Mentor the Robotics team to eliminate errors and reduce manual intervention in various processes in the Optum Executive Health resource?s business specially the Concurrent business which has a high level of repeatable manual work
- Drive Monthly and Quarterly Business Review meetings with the executive leadership to review the business performance against set goals and objectives. Take decisions for course correction, setting up of new goals and targets and change of strategy if required
- Initiate a balanced scorecard for Optum Executive Health resource business as a one stop view into the performance of all verticals within Optum EHR like Concurrent and Appeals as well as different support functions
Skillset Management and Capability Enhancement
- Responsible for delivery of financial benefits through Projects led by either the part time resources( Business Managers , Senior Managers and Associate Directors from operations) and a direct team of Engagement Leaders , Re-engineering consultant in the US.
- Direct and guide the newly hired Strategic Quality managers to establish the Business Process Management System for bringing in accountability, predictability and controllability into the Business Processes
- Align projects and tasks as per the skill set of managers and the available bandwidth
- Review each of the projects for toll gate compliance on the said methodology like Lean, Six Sigma etc., Approve / Recommend changes to the projects that are led by Managers, Senior Managers, Engagement Managers and their direct reports and dotted line reports
- Goal Based - Synergistic supervision, Clearly defining Accountability, Leading, Planning & Delegation, Controlling, or Coordinating, Managing Meetings & communication, Clearly articulating and achieving the project?s missions and needs, Fostering individual & team development, Observing and Giving Feedback, Developing teamwork capabilities and group resources , Coordinating work activities , Promoting active problem solving, Communicating effectively, Being Transparent & proactive
- Conduct periodic performance assessment and provide recommendations for appraisals/Corrective Action to Human resource function
- Train the Optum Executive Health resource management and executive leadership on program/project management principles and business process improvement methodologies
- Roll Out a Knowledge Management Program to ensure that the skillsets of the workforce are continuously upgraded and right mix of resources are always available within the organization
- Enable the workforce to participate in business improvement initiatives through various employee engagement programs like Bright Ideas, Quality fests and Rewards & Recognition
- Organize Basic Quality trainings on Process Improvement methodologies to build the culture of continuous improvement in the organization
Job General Project Management
Primary Location US-PA-NEWTOWN SQUARE
Organization OI Phys Advisory / Compliance
Number of Openings 1