High Touch Tecnical Support Engineer - Mobility
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestTechnical Support
Technology InterestNetworking, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do
We need a High Touch Technical Support Engineer (HTTS) to join our LATAM Technical Assistance Center. You will be providing onsite technical support for MOBILITY solutions to a portfolio of customers in Mexico. In terms of complexity, this support goes way beyond break-fix services. You will be providing proactive support and working closely with Technical Services (TS) and any NOS (Network Optimization Service) engineers.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Come and join the LATAM HTTS team.
Here are some additional responsibilities of the role:
- Provide consultation to independently debug complex product problems.
- Provide systems/product training.
- Acts as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
- Typically interfaces with lower level CSE's, VARs, OEMs end-users internal engineering departments.
Who You'll Work With
As an HTTS you will be part of Cisco's Advanced Services (AS) group. As mentioned above, you will work very closely with TS and NOS engineers that are assigned by applicable HTOMs and HTE.
You will also be working very closely with our most important enterprise clients in Mexico providing onsite support and troubleshooting.
Who You Are
First and foremost you enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems. You also possess an in-depth knowledge of MOBILITY and its related technologies. You have experience giving onsite technical support and speak both Spanish and English fluently. You also work independently, receiving minimal supervision, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a great opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Business impact of this role is major.
- Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 5-6 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the GPRS/UMTS Packet Core Network (SGSN, GGSN), Evolved Packet Core Network (MME, SGW, PGW).
- Interaction with authentication, charging and billing, PCRF, and the Radio Access Network (RAN).
- Understanding of Diameter, GTP, SS7, and be familiarized with 3GPP standards.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure medium and large enterprise/SP networks.
- Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal supervision with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
- Able to isolate and resolve problems, figure out root cause, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Programming skills.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.