You’re looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Pharmacy Benefit Management. Here you’ll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Telephonic Pharmacist you will perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. While your work will take place over the phone, you’ll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you consult with physicians regarding medications and overall wellness. What makes your pharmacy career greater with OptumRx? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day.
- Reviews and approves / denies requests for prescription prior authorizations
- Oversees the activities of pharmacy technicians, pharmacy clerks and customer service advocates
- Organizes workload, sets priorities, completes assignments in a timely manner and utilizes resources appropriately while complying with department program standards
- Performs all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations
- Conforms with and supports department quality assurance and improvement guidelines
- Position will rotate being on call every fifth week/weekend