Southwest Medical part of OPTUMcare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Hospice, a division of United Health Group, is seeking a knowledgeable and compassionate LPN to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or facilities. As the Hospice Nurse, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for your terminal patients. Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. These positions offer potential for growth, a friendly staff, and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
- Coordinate with the RN Manager to assure the client driven plan of care that strives to meet positive outcomes through on-going evaluation using evidenced based practice
- Responsible for making certain that hospice care provided is compliant with State and Federal regulations (documentation and delivered) through participation in chart review and following established process
- Responsible for participation in orientation, ongoing education programs, and successful completion of competency requirements
- Responsible for providing services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Medical Hospice within the scope of professional nursing practice as defined within the Nurse Practice Act
- Provide services to meet both internal and external customer's expectations
- Ensure hospice care is provided in accordance with agency and company Corporate Compliance Program