HP ALM Specialist / Administrator
Job Code: 382078
Job Location: Texas-El Paso
The HP ALM Specialist / Administrator will be responsible for serving as the point of contact for HP ALM within the TCoE group. Also, will be responsible for interfacing with test coordinators in order to create the various test designs by configuring HP ALM to meet the requirements of specific business units.
- This role will demand a wide range of technical skills to support defect analysis and resolution across various technological tiers whilst also assisting in driving the process improvements and upgrades as they occur
- The successful candidate will require strong networking skills in order to leverage relationships and support across various internal infrastructure and QA groups
- Deliver configuration documents, standard operating procedures and run books for all systems during the transition following in-force change management procedures and quality processes
- Work with senior IT staff in customer business unit and Corporate IT to ensure progress is communicated and project health is on-plan
- Act as primary support for the business to ensure BAU operations are running as planned, including backups, restores, patch management, anti-virus and overall infrastructure performance & compliance
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 4-7 years of experience in the following:
- 4 years of technical knowledge and experience in the HP ALM / Quality Center tool
- Demonstrated success in a software consulting or as administrator of an HP ALM or Quality Center environment
- Lead requirements gathering and design specifications meetings and workshops. Provide best practice and industry standard recommendations and solutions
- Process expert on Quality Management process areas like Requirements Management, Test Management, Defect Management and Release Management
- Technical Lead for the implementation, configuration, deployment and validation of the solution. Experience with ALM Workflow customization, fields, and rules.
- ALM Project Administration - Environment specific (e.g. create new projects), TCoE wide maintenance (i.e. maintain and apply standards, workflow scripting, etc.), Support TCoE and OU ALM development and integration projects (i.e. Requirements, Build and Change Management integration)
- File Repository and DB Back-Up Monitoring
- Space Utilization Monitoring and Management (including data archive and clean-up)
- Site Configuration (Site Config Parameter updates, if/when needed) and Site Analysis (License Utilization Monitoring)
- Business Continuation Plan development, maintenance and testing
- HP ALM Patch and Version Upgrade Testing and Rollout Coordination
- Proficiency in understanding, analyzing and defining any corrective actions from data provided in logs
- Knowledge of Server Operating Systems (Windows Server / Unix / Linux)
- Experienced in working with Database Management systems such as Oracle/MS SQL Server
- A minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience in a product specialist / administrator role with a broad range of technology skills
- Ability to work on own initiative within part of multi-skilled IT Group
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio)
- Ability to multi-task and work on several high priority projects simultaneously
- Capable of producing documented requirements, developing designs, preparing and executing implementation plans
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Provide 24x7 on-call support when required. Provide off-hour problem management and change implementation support
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology