HSE Assoc Manager
Job Title: HSE Assoc Manager
Location: San Antonio, TX
This site-based position will lead the implementation of a prevention-focused health, safety and environmental program. The position will establish, execute, and deliver facility-specific HSE plans that support PBC's overall HSE objectives. The ideal candidate is a safety and environmental subject matter expert that can clearly articulate, develop and implement HSE action plans.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Implement, execute, ensure compliance with the Pepsi Beverages Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Lead execution of the site's annual HSE Plan, including development of expense and capital budgets needed to support these efforts
- Build capability of site resources to support implementation of HSE programming
- Lead a site-wide system, Program Element (PE) process, to identify and evaluate hazards (risks), and implement effective controls (corrective solutions).Lead incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA, State/Local Regulators)Facilitate the completion of a site-wide annual HSE training plan
- Participate in formal HSE reviews of existing equipment modifications, new equipment purchases, and changes in site processes
- Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, that reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and any site permit conditions (e.g. sampling, recordkeeping) are met
- Achieve annual targets for incident frequency, severity and related cost reductions
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skill
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader
- Bachelor's Degree
- Greater than five years of work experience in the Health and Safety discipline
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Safety management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- Safety degree and/or related certification
- Knowledge and experience with HSE Management systems and their deployment
- HSE auditing
- CSP, CIH, CHMM desirable
- Make and deliver training presentations
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results-driven, team oriented environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Make independent decisions
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 115013BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.