Human Resources Business Partner
Job Code: 379358
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
We are looking for a Manager, Human Resources, to join our team, supporting two of the businesses in PGIM, The Global Investment Management Businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. If you have experience in the HR field, are motivated, energetic, resourceful, and have great judgment, this could be the opportunity for you!
PGIM, The Global Investment Management Businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. offers an array of investment management and advisory services, mutual funds, and other structured products.
The successful candidate will provide support to employees in all HR related disciplines including, but not limited to: employee relations, policy guidance, talent management, organizational development and restructuring, and performance management. In conjunction with our Corporate partners, the candidate will also work on recruiting, training and development, and compensation. In addition, the Manager, HR will also have opportunities to work with his/her teammates within the PGIM HR group on issues and initiatives that cross businesses and/or functions.
This position is located in Newark, NJ, with some travel required.
- Research and interpret policies and procedures.
- Respond to day-to-day inquiries from clients.
- Work with the Staffing organization to develop and implement recruiting strategies, review offer letters, upgrade college recruiting processes, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees and identify and analyze exit trends.
- Help research, and in some cases, develop and/or deliver various training options.
- Analyze Employee Opinion Survey results and help management create action plans to address feedback.
- Provide data for workforce planning initiatives, finance, RFPs, and other requests as needed.
- Assist with employee mobility, including employees in International assignments to / from the US.
- Work with managers on informal rewards & recognition options (programs, incentives, etc) as well as the annual compensation process and the benchmarking of a variety of jobs.
- Help develop and implement strategies for building and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Serve as a coach and liaison between employees and management on general consulting issues as well as employee relations and performance management situations.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of HR generalist experience strongly preferred.
- Basic experience in all major HR disciplines is preferred, as is the ability to understand client needs and related business drivers.
- Keen customer focus, relationship-building skills, and the ability to deliver commitments on a timely basis.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to resolve problems and make decisions independently.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage his/her time effectively.
- Strong judgment, conceptual thinking skills, and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow-through, drive for results and initiative.
- High level of flexibility, innovation, and adaptability to change.
- Candidates must be willing and available to work hours as required to meet client needs, which may vary and include travel.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting an investment function/business is a plus.
- Familiarity with HR Systems such as Peoplesoft/Comp Track, as well as MS Office tools (Word/Excel) is a plus.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Human Resources