Support field associates with all HR needs in Interline Brands.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Manage the full life cycle of recruiting components including, research, posting jobs, sourcing with traditional and social media networks, interviewing, and processing background checks.
- Prepares and sends on-boarding welcome packets to new employees.
- Conducts new employee orientations.
- Creates and maintains employee files and other employment records.
- Processes multiple forms for various employee changes, hires and terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment practices.
- Responsible for maintaining effective employee relations by facilitating communications channels with departmental supervisors, employees, and between the two, ensuring that proper HR policies and procedures are communicated and followed.
- Performs and administers special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as required and as assigned.
Will report to Regional HR Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a preferred
- Broad knowledge across HR functions, leading practices, and employment regulations and laws.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and able to communicate globally.
- Ability to influence across functional teams and levels.
- Ability to lead projects and process improvement efforts.
- Financial and Business Acumen.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent at building relationships.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.