The Human Resource Manager position develops and implements HR plans and programs to ensure the most effective utilization of human resources. Provides essential leadership in advising and coaching the Director and 30-35 managers in a dynamic, evolving Operations Center and Field Operations requiring rapid change to meet business demands. Delivers exceptional service by partnering with management on business decisions related to associates and management. Establishes HD culture by driving the effective execution of HR processes and change management related to organizational shifts and core systems integration. Responsible for leading HR activity including talent acquisition, talent management, leadership learning and development, associate relations, and investigations. Plans, executes, coordinates, and monitors associate engagement initiatives. Drives HD values to build positive morale. Partners with RHRM, Sr. Manager HR and HRD to support field HR processes and projects. Acts as liaison to SSC I-9 and W/C functions.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25% - Investigate, resolve & provide guidance on Associate Relations issues. Ensure AR issues are addressed using consistent & fair treatment, respect for all people & consistent application of HD policy & SOP. Provide counsel on corrective actions, accommodations, WC & LOAs. Maintain accurate, complete documentation.
- 20% - Drive performance management, leadership development & succession planning. Partner with leaders on execution of development plans. Determine needs, create & implement learning plans. Provide leadership coaching, tools &
- facilitates meetings to ensure ongoing development. Conducts classes on HR topics & orientation.
- 20% - Support team on resolution of inquiries. Partner with leaders to coach associates to drive a customer service and values based culture. Manage recognition programs & communication processes. Conduct HR Town Halls & facilitates action plans. Support Employer of Choice survey administration, feedback, & action planning
- 15% - Identify breaches of culture/values that impact workplace & implements resolutions. Facilitate Open Door policy. Stay abreast of HR and business issues by interacting with associates & managers. Ensure processes are standardized & within company guidelines & current employment laws (EEO, Wage & Hour, Labor, ADA, FMLA).
- 10% - % Raise awareness of diversity and methods to increase quality and diversity of candidate pool. Provide tools and trains management on staffing resources, employment practices and HR SOPs. Partner with management to recruit exempt/non-exempt talent. Plan/participate in hiring events. May plan, coordinate and attend job fairs
- 10% - Represent HR in corporate wide initiatives. Take a leadership role in the execution of organizational change initiatives and provides HR guidance to management. Work effectively with HR teams to leverage support and expertise. Work with RHRMs to support company wide and field HR efforts.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Sr. Manager HR.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
3 years of experience in a generalist role is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to negotiate in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Ability to face situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of federal, state and local employment law.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.