At Homedepot.com we have a relentless focus on our customers. To get there, we need incredibly talented, curious, and results-driven people. If you'd like to help us grow our Online business, this is your chance to make history. The Manager, Human Resources is both a thought leader and a hands-on executor that provides end-to-end human resources support for a growing area of our corporate Online/E-Commerce team. The role is critical in developing, and executing our people initiatives, providing top notch support to their teams, and driving HR functional excellence and associate engagement across our e-commerce business.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Identifies breaches of culture/values that impact workplace. Investigates associate relations issues and partners with managers for resolution. Analyzes turnover to identify trends and develop retention strategies. Ensures adherence to company policy, procedure and employment law.
- Partners with management to recruit for exempt and non exempt positions. Sources candidates, screens resumes, arranges interview team schedules, ensures compliance to all company policy and procedure (e.g.pre employment screening, offer letters, FCRA notification, etc.). Plans and participates in job fairs and attends college career fairs to support new hires.
- Provides counsel and leadership coaching (360s) and partners with managers in the performance management process and the execution of associate development plans. . Ensure managers are developing associate development plans and are consistently following up on those game plans.
- Follows-up on all associate training to ensure participation. Conducts new associate orientation, certified as a EC2 master trainer and conducts training. May conduct management development training in HR related areas (interviewing, coaching, etc)
- Partners with management to identify back-up and emerging talent and the creation of development plans; follows up on development plans for identified candidates; analyzes diversity and takes action to increase the diversity of the candidate pool. Works effectively with THD HR teams to leverage support and expertise. Contributes to the development of HR Review
- Represents HR in corporate wide initiatives. May conduct training classes on HR issues and associate orientations. Drives and executes company HR initiatives.
- Drives compensation and performance management for client group including creation of new role descriptions and updates.
- Typically reports to Sr. Director, Human Resources- Online/E-Commerce/Marketing
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Human Resources generalist or related experience (3-5 years)
- Management experience (2+ years)
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5 years relevant Human Resources experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Online/E-Commerce or Merchandising teams
- Demonstrated critical and creative thinking
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new solutions to business problems
- Strong evidence of stretch assignments that are evidence of superior performance in previous roles.
- Strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to visualize concepts
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Technical knowledge of HR specialties including employment law, employee relations, management and organizational development, staffing, training and compensation
- Strong coaching, counseling, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of federal, state and local employment law.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.