HVAC Refrigeration Technician (Poway, CA area)
JobTitle: HVAC Refrigeration Technician (Poway, CA area)
- The successful candidate will need to live in or relocate to the Poway, CA area.
- Completes work assignments and priorities in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) Service
- Complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines
- Complies with federal, state, and local heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry regulations and guidelines (for example, building codes, indoor air quality (IAQ), cold chain requirements)
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Ensures available resources for maintenance and repair
- Ensures financial sustainability
- Ensures working order of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) and Emergency management Systems (EMS), and direct digital control (DDC)
- Maintains quality standards
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Provides required paperwork
- Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification for Refrigerant handling.
- Vocational or Technical Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) certification and 2 years experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 4 years experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical HVAC/R program.
- Mechanical license in city and/or state where job is located.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.