This is an entry level position. Responsibilities will be under the guidance and direction of the Merchant. The Assistant Merchant position is a support role to the Merchant and will assist in the implementation of Brands Category growth. This position is designed to develop the skills necessary to reach the next level in the Merchandising pipeline, Associate Merchant.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Qualifications include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Category Maintenance and Support
- Ensure all product data is comprehensive and accurate and relevant to growing the Brands category.
- Provide sales support for all product inquiries, including cross referencing, quotation assistance and SPAs, technical support, product recommendations, etc.
- Communicate product changes to marketing, sales, inventory management, and operations as necessary
- Determine market needs and trends
Assist Merchant with new product launches
- Identify new and/or replacement product opportunities
- Obtain required information to complete new item set up process
- Obtain samples as required
- Request competitive pricing from internal and external sources as required by Merchant to recommend initial pricing
- Assist Product Information Management Team on product placement and merchandising in catalogs and websites
- Assist in goal development for sales volume, gross profit, forecasts, and vendor service levels
- Work with Quality Assurance to establish and maintain standards for products and packaging
- Maintain strong vendor relationships with Brands Category suppliers with primary focus on all Brands.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Category Merchant or Director of Merchandising
1. No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
1+ years experience and bachelor's degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proficiency in analytics MS Excel: pivot tables, formulas, macros, etc...
- Execute Special Projects as assigned by Merchant or Merchandising Manager
- Maintain information within all systems (RS6000, Bridge and CMS)
- Review and recommend product line revisions including deletions. Responsible for discontinuing products within the system and the disposition of existing inventories.
- Ensure vendors comply with Vendor Shipping Guide.
- Assist in any marketing activities such as promotions, flyers, product guides, training, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.