This position reports to the Operations Manager. The Assistant Manager will have a key role on the management team and be responsible for assisting the management of a 300,000+ square foot distribution center with warehouse employees and drivers and SKUs. Areas of specific ownership may include quality control, inventory control, pick/pack processes or fleet management. Will ensure that associates have a safe work environment and are continuously trained properly. Expectations are that performance, quality and service targets are met - while operating within budget guidelines. Will assist in organizing, monitoring and ensuring that all operational and administrative activities within the facility meet Company goals and objectives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assure that the daily distribution activities are performed in a manner that provides the most efficient and economical processing, storing, and shipping of products to customers on a timely and cost effective basis.
• Assure that available manpower is properly allocated to daily work functions to meet production and schedule requirements making adjustments in resources as necessary.
• Maintain the dock-to-stock program with prompt and efficient processing of inbound deliveries, reconciling receipts against purchase orders and accurate put-away of inventory.
• Oversee the application of system directed processes to assure that employees are utilizing specified programs according to defined procedures.
• Assure the integrity of the physical inventory.
• Ensure proper training, coaching and feedback to new employees during the introductory period utilizing team members to assist with the training process.
• Oversee a continuing program of training and cross training of employees, counsel and train employees as necessary to improve work performance, and recommend transfer or dismissal for unqualified or unproductive employees.
• Assure proper operation of rolling stock and that maintenance programs are maintained.
• Enforce compliance with all safety rules and regulations and take prompt corrective action concerning any potential safety or health hazards.
• Maintain neat and orderly work and storage areas to facilitate and expedite the flow of work and permit maximum employee efficiency and morale.
• Be cognizant of the physical security for product, building, and other property to minimize damage or pilferage
• Evaluate job performance in all warehouse areas and make recommendations for opportunities for improvement in productivity and efficiency.
• Act as a fill-in where employees are missing or additional employees are needed on a temporary basis.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities or special projects
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Operations Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies: 3 to 5 years’ experience in various aspects of distribution and warehouse operations including shipping, receiving, and transportation.
1 to 3 years’ supervisory experience in a warehouse/distribution environment.
Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Ability to lead, interface and work effectively with other departments.
Strong computer skills (competent in MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
Strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal/team building skills and a leadership style that obtains results through a strong set of values.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.