Interline Brands, Inc. (Interline) is among the nations largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
The Inside Sales Specialist will be responsible for driving "strategic" category sales pro-actively within Interline/ The Home Depots Residential Sales Channel. You will help identify "strategic" Category Sales opportunities within our existing accounts of residential contractors and seek to up-sell/cross-sell additional product lines and opportunities. You will also act as a conduit between the Inside Sales team and our key suppliers and merchandising team, to ensure that the programs are implemented and supported properly
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 20%- Proactively selling "specific" products and programs into our residential contracting accounts. Customer profiling and qualifying. Selling solutions. New marketing and proactive sales campaigns.
- 20%- Specific Certification and Market Requirements. Support Residential by co-selling to existing customers via a consultative approach, in addition to resolving any customer selling issues around the category. Handle all customer "strategic" pricing / bid exercises.
- 20%- Actively work with the Inside Residential Team to increase category sales. Conduct analysis to find new "specific item" customer opportunities. Consult on strategic approach for customer engagement.
- 20%- Track and manage all opportunities and pipeline via START to ensure all program requirements are met during the selling, implementation, and maintenance phases. Manage pipeline leads via START System.
- 20%- Continue to broaden your knowledge of the industry to help keep a competitive edge. Attend/participate in weekly and monthly team meetings to share best practices
Reports to SVP of Sales. Has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
"Strategic" Knowledge as a Trade / Education and or Sales.
Able to read blue prints, takeoffs, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Proven ability to sell as part of a team
- Motivated self-starter able to hit daily set goals
- Professional, effective communication style by phone
- Resourcefulness that demonstrates independent working capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting agreed-upon deadlines
- Proven ability to manage full-cycle of "strategic" selling process, from initial evaluation of needs, through identifying appropriate products/vendors, working with bid/quote team for pricing, working with implementation team for delivery, installations, and follow-up to insure satisfaction with product and service
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.