Guide Support Center Team members by providing problem resolution, assistance, training of team members at the request of management and monitoring of assigned issues on IBI approved hardware for example and not limited to: PC’s, lap tops, POD hardware, Handheld Devices and RF Guns. Responsible for completing assigned projects and tickets. Maintain a positive and professional relationships with the client community, Support Center Staff, and outside vendors.
Continuously look for opportunities to improve service and support. Use proper judgment to make recommendations on break vs. fix in accordance with issue life cycle and in accordance with departmental policies.
Working with Support Center Management or the Team Leader provides updates on assigned projects and provide weekly update on long term projects. For tickets assigned to the IT Support Center Hardware Analyst, drive service excellent by responding to internal and external client needs through the ownership of issues. Provide consultation to Analysts on the resolution of outstanding issues. Continuously look for opportunities to improve service and support. Responsible to level one and level tow support of hardware, cellular, hand held devices and peripherals. Process a strong functional and technical knowledge of assigned hardware.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
20%- Performs a variety of tasks which may include but is not limited to: answering phones, logging tickets into Support Center System, working tickets through the issue life cycle.
20%- May assist client community in acceptance testing, training, developing documentation, and performing site set up or decommission.
20%- Accurately document issues in accordance with Support Center Standards in Support Center Systems.
40%- Diagnose and review hardware issues Personal Computers, Hand Held Devices, Scanners and other IBI approved hardware. Diagnostic are performed by gathering information, reviewing on-line or in-house documentation. When documentation is not available, contacting the vendor for additional documentation and guidance.Responsible for simple to complex repairs on authorized hardware using supporting documentation and internet searches. Responsible for the coordination and tracking of service provided by outside vendors on repairs in assigned areas.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Supervisor. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Support Center Analyst:
- Performs a variety of tasks which may include but is not limited to: answering phones, logging tickets into Support Center System, working tickets through the issue life cycle.
- May assist client community in acceptance testing, training, developing documentation, and performing site set up or decommission.
- Accurately document issues in accordance with Support Center Standards in Support Center Systems.
- Diagnose and review hardware issues Personal Computers, Hand Held Devices, Scanners and other IBI approved hardware. Diagnostic are performed by gathering information, reviewing on-line or in-house documentation. When documentation is not available, contacting the vendor for additional documentation and guidance.
- Responsible for simple to complex repairs on authorized hardware using supporting documentation and internet searches.
- Responsible for the coordination and tracking of service provided by outside vendors on repairs in assigned areas.
- On an as needed basis, participate in IT or client testing. Develop and execute test scripts using provided documentation from vendor or Director of IT Support Center.
- Develop a professional relationship with IT Management and Leaders.
- Professionally and within Support Center standards, handle incoming client issues via phone, Support Center portal or in person as they relate to IBI approved hardware.
- Based on information or ticket received document, update, monitor escalate and close client related issues within the Support Center Tracking System.
- As demand requires, log into and answer phones in Support Center Hunt Groups.
- Manage assigned issues and self-created tasks
- At the request of IT Management utilizing the Support Center Issue Life Cycle, monitor Support Center Analyst tasks.
- Utilize the Support Center Issue Life Cycle to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing after hour support on projects and conversions.
- Demonstrate flexibility in providing on site set up, site relocations, site conversions, and site decommission assistance.
- Work a flexible shift within the established Support Center hours which are 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM (ET).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Job Knowledge:
- Ability to identify and understand client related problems and opportunities.
- Ability to work with IT Management on prioritized multiple tasks while maintaining project deadlines.
- Demonstrates advanced analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills.
- Motivated individual that can work in group situations as well as with limited direction from IT Management.
Specific Job Knowledge:
- Job requirements are at least one of the following:
- Minimum two years experience in a hardware repair of make ready environment.
- Associate degree or certification in area of hardware support related to IBI.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Customer Service / Support abilities. Proficiency will be determined through IBI administered tests.
- Operate as a role model in the resolution of trouble tickets and project completion.
- Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork and open communication.
- On tickets and projects assigned, provide leadership and guidance to Support Center Analysts in problem resolution.
- When dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information, handle in a discreet and appropriate manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues in person, over the phone, and through email (generated from Support Center Tickets).
- Ability to work multiple support activities concurrently.
- Ability to identify and understand business problems and opportunities.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within Support Center standards.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, high energy and energetic work ethics.
- Demonstrate passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for cleints and coworkers.
- Detail oriented.
- Possess strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Maintains relationships with approved IBI vendors.
Degree in Technical expertise
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- This is a combination office-based (95%) and field (5%) position.
- Periods of standing may be required while office-based (85%) and field (80%)
- Travel may require single or multiple overnight stays (90%) and local travel (10%).
- Travel may require air flights (90%) and driving of personal or rented vehicles (10%).
- Physical lifting and moving of equipment is a daily requirement in the office, while on site it is expected that at least 60% of time can be expected lifting and moving equipment
- Proper ergonomic furniture and equipment is supplied.
- With minimal assistance lift 75lbs from floor position to workstation or workstation to floor position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- An office environment with partitions, providing individual workspace.
- Company provided computer monitors will be provided for viewing up to 100% of shift.
- Proper ergonomic furniture and equipment is supplied.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.