This role will support the Merchandising group by providing insight and recommendations from category/line reviews, vendor profitability analysis, product life-cycle management, and ad hoc reporting. The Merchandising Analyst will be responsible for the development, design and distribution of reports to all levels of Merchandising and Interline Brands leadership. This position will require continual interaction and collaboration with internal departments to assist in development and growth of various categories.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50%- Provide insight and recommendations from category/line reviews, vendor profitability analysis, product life-cycle management, and ad hoc reporting.
25%- Responsible for the development, design and distribution of reports to all levels of Merchandising and Interline Brands leadership.
25%- Continual interaction and collaboration with internal departments to assist in development and growth of various categories.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Manager of Merchandising Analytics. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
• Analyze and monitor key business and financial metrics including sales, units and margin
• Provide insight into key trends affecting the business and communicate findings to various teams
• Develop budgets and forecast and measure team performance against plan
• Evaluate potential new promotions and provide analysis of the success of completed promotions or merchandising activities in collaboration with Marketing Dept
• Provide analysis of product and/or category performance by brand, vertical market, distribution channel, product category and/or price point
• Analyze product performance metrics related to product life-cycle
• Participate in special projects ad hoc analysis as assigned to support business needs
• Collaborate with all internal and external partners in a professional manner
• Provide continuous monitoring and improvement of data integrity on all systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Bachelor degree required; Background in Business, International Business, Statistics, or Mathematics preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); SQL and MS Access desired
• Strong business acumen
• High attention-to-detail and ability to multi-task
• Collaboration abilities
• Excellent analytical skills
• Background in Business, International Business, Statistics, or Mathematics
• Excellent communication, writing, decision making, and multi-tasking skills in high volume environment
• Ability to collaborate with all internal and external partners in a professional manner
• Advanced technical and analytic skills with the ability to prepare, analyze and interpret data and reports
• Demonstrated strength in verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Problem Resolution - Ability to pro-actively identify root cause issues and provide results or recommendations in a timely manner
• Ability to take initiative by using own judgment
• Organizational Skills - Flexible, detail-oriented, with strong planning and organizational skills
• Adaptability - Ability to multitask efficiently in a very fast paced environment
• Demonstrated initiative, determination, tenacity, persistence and a competitive, driven attitude in approach to work
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.