Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.The Outside Sales Representative will be building rapport and solving customers’ needs, so they will enjoy using their business development / marketing skills to identify prospective customers, develop accounts, as well as using their customer service skills to deepen existing business.
Position Location Options: Columbus or Cincinnati, OH.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 25%- Prospect for new customers and secure appointments to share the Interline/Home Depot proposition and offerings.
- 40%- Manage existing accounts on a daily basis making on-site customer calls to uncover need.
- 5%- Using the company CRM tool, prepare a weekly sales plan that shows initiated sales, sales leads and prospects as well as account penetration.
- 10%- Learn and understand the basic applications of the products that we sell and how to partner with both internal and external resources to provide solutions to customers.
- 15%- Work with internal and external sources to provide solutions for customers.
- 5%- Attend and actively participate in monthly sales meetings.
Reports to the Regional Sales Manager. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- BA or BS Degree, preferred
- 0-2 years of outside business to business sales experience
- Personal vehicle, valid drivers’ license and insurance, required
- Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical or MRO Product Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Sound computer skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.