Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
Interline Brands is seeking a candidate with a strong foundation in strategy and analytics to join as a key contributor to the Pricing Strategy team. The candidate will contribute to the team’s focus to create/operationalize processes & tools across our organization, with the goal to enhance profitable growth.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 10%- Collaborate with brand leaders as well as cross functional personnel to develop and implement revenue and/or margin driving strategies, focusing on pricing as a lever
- 10%- Support the development, maintenance, and measurement of top line and gross margin initiatives (price optimization engine and other pricing exercises)
- 10%- Develop processes to streamline pricing and manage pricing feedback and support
- 25%- Process requests from sales team to update customer pricing in accordance with corporate strategy
- 25%- Process requests for sales reporting needs. Provide pricing and sales meeting support including deck prep and data consolidation
- 20%- Mine, analyze, interpret, and apply data for business planning, decision making, and recommendations to management
Reports to Manager Pricing Strategy. Has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Self-starter with a sense of urgency
Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
Ability to quickly assimilate and digest information while making complex issues easy for others to understand
Data mining experience - SQL
Prior MRO Experience
Prior Pricing Analyst - Distribution experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Extensive Negotiation Skills
- Team Player
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Self starter and independent worker
- Ability to meet workload deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.