Barnett, a division of The Home Depot, is searching for the perfect candidate to join our Dynamic Inside Sales Organization!
- This position is located in our Jacksonville, Inside Sales Center.
- Hours are Monday thru Friday, between 8 am and 7 pm.
Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.POSITION PURPOSE
Under the guidance and leadership of the Director of Inside Sales, this position is responsible for providing sales direction and management to a group of Inside Sales Coordinators. This responsibility includes assuring the appropriate onboarding of new customers, account qualification and assignment. The team will also manage our small to mid-size customers segment, through key marketing and sales initiatives. We are looking for a strong leader who will drive performance, motivation and personnel development of our sales coordinators.
Through the power of Interline Brands and The Home Depot, the purpose of the Regional Sales Manager is to manage, coach and support a team of sales professionals to prospect for business to business new account opportunities as well as manage and growing existing accounts in line with the company strategy and vision.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50%- Manage the Sales team to deliver profitable growth
15%- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity to ensure competitive solutions and product offerings
12%- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect opportunities
3%- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting and training associates.
10%- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting and training associates.
10%- Completes sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning associates; following up on work results.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Division Vice President. Position has direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
MRO or Jan/San industry knowledge preferred
Project conception and initiation
Project Definition and planning
Project Launch and execution
Project performance and control
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Sales leadership, professionalism, business development expertise, strong closing skills, and a proven track record of sales growth for areas of direct accountability are paramount to the success of this position.
- Detailed, organized, strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to business are critical
- The ability to understand and analyze a customer’s business and balance sheet, allowing for the identification of value based business opportunities that maximize profits
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, written and verbal skills to all levels of an organization
- Presentation skills that clearly demonstrate product value to the highest levels of both internal and external management,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); understanding of additional applications such as Microsoft PowerPoint and web searches
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
- 5 years of Relevant Work Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.