Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®, the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,274 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2015, The Home Depot had sales of $88.5 billion and earnings of $7.0 billion. The Company employs more than 385,000 associates. The Home Depot's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index.
Under the guidance of the Regional V.M.I. Operations Manager, this Counter Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining all day to day functions in a Vendor Managed Inventory (V.M.I.) Client's facility. This includes but is not limited to the following: filling customer orders, checking in inventory, maintaining regional items" as necessary, completing the proper control reports, and contributing to sales growth.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 40%- Timely and accurate fulfillment of daily replenishment orders for the customer. Properly receive daily replenishment and branch transfers to maintain accurate inventory.
- 20%- Complete all control reports in the intervals described in the Operations Manual. Monitor and adjust Min / Max levels on an ongoing basis to maintain the proper levels of inventory.
- 10%- Maintain a clean and professional warehouse.
- 15%- Recognize and communicate to the Regional V.M.I. Operations Manager both market and customer business conditions.
- 15%- Communicate with the customer about product stocking levels and seasonal fluctuations to ensure there are no outages.
Reports to the Senior VP of Sales. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Counter sales experience preferred, preferably in HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical environment.
- Warehouse or Operations experience.
- BA or BS Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong Computer Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds or more.
- Ability to effectively manage time and branch operations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Product knowledge of Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical items is helpful.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.