Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
Provide excellent customer service.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Maintain a clean and professional warehouse at customer locations.
- Assist with the implementation of new Shop Management Programs (SMP). This includes but is not limited to the following: building rack, crossing of inventory, complete warehouse inventory within virtual program, maximizing efficiencies, identifying and labeling product.
- Assist the Project Manager in the training process for “Supply Chain” customers.
- Assist the Project Manager in the profiling and warehouse design of a new SMP.
- Properly identify and count inventory.
- Complete all control reports in the intervals described in the Operations Manual.
- Set and/or adjust “Min / Max” levels to maintain the proper levels of inventory.
- Recognize and communicate to your manager both market and customer business conditions and concerns.
- Secure own travel as directed by Manager and in accordance with company policy.
Position reports to Project Manager.
No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:•
- Bachelor's Degree preference in general business, inventory management, supply chain, project management, information technology, geography, design. Other degrees considered.
- Sales and Operations Experience
- Entrepreneurially minded with attention to detail.
- Product knowledge experience preferred; preferably in HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical environment.
- Exceptional intrapersonal skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Solid understanding of workflow organization inside Interline Brands.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Must have intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp new systems and tools.
- Strong organization, analytic, and leadership skills
- Ability to lift 60 pounds or more.
- Ability to effectively manage time and operations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.