Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®. It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors. Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores.
The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population. Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join Interline Brands.
Under the guidance of the Director of Residential VMI’s, this position is responsible for the implementation, management, and profitability associated with Vendor Managed Inventory facilities across multiple Interline sales channels. This includes customer relations, employee recruiting, coaching, and development, and operations management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 30%- Recruiting, training, and managing the Inventory Control Specialists who run VMI facilities on a daily basis.
- 30%- Ensure VMI facilities are utilizing the processes outlined in the Operations Manual, including all associated metrics reporting. Communicating all appropriate updates to operational procedure or product changes, recalls, etc. with Inventory Control Specialist staff.
- 10%- Utilize existing tools and create new methods if necessary to ensure customer satisfaction goals are being met.
- 10%- Maintain a solid working relationship with all appropriate personnel at the VMI customer’s location.
- 10%- Responsible for monitoring profitability of locations from the top line sales through the EBITDA level.
- 10%- Ensure all VMI customers have access and knowledge of the latest Interline product offering in order to maximize sales.
Nature and Scope:
Reports to Director, Residential VMI. Has 15-20 direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Environment: 4. Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Travel: 4. Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education Required: 5. The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check. Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Work Experience Required: 3 Minimum Age
4. Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of hiring organization as well as customer organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong technical sales ability
- Demonstrated inventory management skills
- Ability to convey concepts to subordinates and achieve learning with the ability to repeat without supervison
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management and different types of customers.
- Demonstrated people management and deveopment skills. •Solid understanding of Sales, Operations, and Invetory Control functions.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Excel and other Office products. Ability to quickly grasp new systems and tools.
- Demonstrated organization, analytic, and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and function in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree in general business or equivalent work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.