This position serves as the primary data management lead for the Item Data Management team. Position provides subject matter expertise to the overall user community such as Merchandising, Online, Global Sourcing (ASO & PLM teams) and Supply Chain on key system features/products for the IDM platform. Serves as primary point of contact to troubleshoot issues for the vendor community and works beyond tactical support to analyze issues and identify opportunities for process improvements.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- 25% Provides subject matter expertise for assigned product/functional area. Addresses IDM data collection & data quality issues, documentation, system training needs & questions for both internal & external customers. Develops & maintains day-to-day relationships with internal & external partners to support IDM data initiatives.
- 20% Works with IDM Managers/leadership to prioritize department projects and deliverables. Implements IDM data projects and provides status updates. Keeps projects on-task and within expectations of project time lines. Ensures deliverables and goals for area of responsibility are met or exceeded.
- 15% Measures ongoing effectiveness of programs against metric targets. Develops and executes ongoing enhancement/optimization strategy based on measured performance and customer feedback.
- 15% Trouble shoots and problem solves for ongoing operational needs as they arise, i.e. data quality collection initiatives and/or clean up, vendor system error troubleshooting and gathering of system enhancement requirements. Identifies legal requirements associated with assigned product functional area.
- 15% Authors and facilitates clear, concise end user/training on IDM processes, system features and enhancements.
- 10% Coordinates integrated teams from one or more external agencies or functional organizations in support of managed initiatives. Reports on best practices and industry standards.
Position reports to Manager IDM
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
1-2 years of data analysis experience
1-2 years experience in E-commerce, data management, process analysis and improvement
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Effective interpersonal and problem solving skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access.
Ability to lead and manage cross functionally.
Strong organizational, analytical and customer service skills.
Independent and self-directed yet also team oriented.
Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in mutually beneficial outcomes.
Positive, solutions oriented and professional attitude and approach to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.