Information Security Architect
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Additional Location(s)San Jose CA, Austin TX
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Information Security Architect
<b>What You'll Do</b>
Cisco’s Information Security (Infosec) group is working to evolve next-generation security models and architectures for Cisco to enable our Trusted Device, Mobility, Collaboration, Virtualization and Cloud initiatives. To help architect and drive adoption of these models, InfoSec’s Enterprise Security team seeks someone with experience, flexibility and strong communication skills to provide leadership in the role of Information Security Architect.
<b>Who You'll Work With</b>
The position is focused on providing security solutions in regards to Cisco’s infrastructure initiatives for all aspects of the network and end user platforms including: differentiated user and device access, physical and virtualized systems, strong identity systems, and cloud services integration. Our team works with a full range of internal organizations responsible for enterprise level infrastructure services mentioned above to include IT, Engineering and Advanced Services, just to name a few. As a security architect you'll also be expected to work with a diverse group of employees from entry level all the way to the executive levels of leadership.
<b>Who You Are</b>
The Security Architect’s responsibilities will include an assortment of technical disciplines as well as interpersonal skills and business acumen. Expertise in multiple technical domains below preferred.
- Security fundamentals with a solid understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, risks, defenses, security principles and policies
- Strong foundation in network security technologies such as firewalls, remote access, application security, device hardening, intrusion detection and prevention, network segmentation, encryption, mobility, collaboration, etc...
- Mobile device security best practices, endpoint posture assessment, device management and cloud integration capabilities
- Systems architecture, design and operational experience
- Experience with cutting edge datacenter and network virtualization technologies
- Applied conceptual and analytical thinking, problem solving skills
- Consulting and partnering skills with enterprise perspective and influence
- Time and productivity management skills
- Solid presentation, demonstration and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural team setting
- A genuine sense of curiosity and a love for learning
- Ability to speak both the language of technology as well as the language of the business
The candidate should have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent and 8+ years of technical experience. An MS or additional experience is strongly encouraged. Security, network/system administration or design related certifications are a plus.
Location: San Jose, California, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina or Austin, Texas. Other locations may be considered.