Profitably grow sales for all assigned accounts & market segments by leading, developing, managing, and executing a sales strategy that supports the organization’s goals and increases the company’s market share.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Profitably grow sales for all assigned accounts & market segments by leading, developing, managing, and executing a sales strategy that supports the organization’s goals and increases the company’s market share.
• Secure profitable new account partnerships by prospecting, performing a needs analysis, developing a value based sales solution tailored to the customer’s needs, presenting a value based selling proposal, and profitably negotiating a successful close.
• Demonstrate and utilize a comprehensive knowledge of other functional departments to support the profitable growth of the business unit; effectively collaborate with additional departments such as Merchandising, Operations, Inventory Control, Credit, and Special Orders
• Strong ability to work independently and with a team
• Develop, manage, and complete sales reporting for all assigned accounts & market segments that includes weekly, monthly and quarterly results and pipeline forecasts
• Resolve customer challenges by investigating problems and developing sustainable & scalable solutions
• Monitor external environment, competitive industry trends, and identify new product/services opportunities and funnel to management.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Management Groups and Apartment Communities
• Maintain a certain number of outbound phone calls per day
NATURE AND SCOPE
Provides primary support to a specific supervisor and/or department.
No direct reports.
Typically has frequent contacts outside the workgroup.
Typically assignments follow existing routines or instructions.
Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems
Typically, guidance is always available and prior permission is required before changing work methods.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:•
Above average communication skills via the phone and face to face.
• Sales leadership, professionalism, business development expertise, strong closing skills, and a proven track record of sales growth for areas of direct accountability are paramount to the success of this position.
• Highly-motivated sales hunter, assertive, out-of-the-box thinker
• Strong prospecting skills with the ability to speak to all levels of an organization.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
• Detailed, organized, strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to business are critical.
• Understanding and application of strategic planning to identify, target, and execute plans for sales growth
• The ability to understand and analyze a customer’s business, allowing for the identification of value based business opportunities that maximize profits
• Outstanding interpersonal communication, written and verbal skills to all levels of an organization
• Extraordinary presentation skills via the phone or in person that clearly demonstrate product value to the highest level decision makers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); understanding of additional applications such as Microsoft Access and web searches
• A true team player with the ability to work and interact across a broad spectrum to achieve success
• An avid networker who truly understands the concept of networking and its value
• Ability to travel 10%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.