Interline Brands, Inc. is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label. In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 30% In partnership with the Merchant, create strategies and tactics that deliver financial objectives: Sales, Margin, Turns, which includes product transitions, seasonal category and SKU strategies to both enter and exit season, and pricing and promotional activity
- 20% Achieve in-stock and turn targets
- 10% Coordinate needs across supply chain partners
- 10% Provide analysis to improve category performance
- 10% Build and maintain relationships with merchants, suppliers, stores, and supply chain partners
- 10% Train new associates
- 10% Contribute to cross functional project teams
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Reports to Manager, Inventory Planning. No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Proficiency in SAP, ECC, APO or other Advanced Planning System
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL development (write and implement queries)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Demand Planning experience working in the Consumer Products Goods industry
- APICS (CSCP and CPIM) certifications
- Master’s Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- 4+ years’ experience (can include combination of full time work and prior internship exp.) in Logistics, Operations, Data Analytics, Finance or related field
- Proficiency with MS Access, Power Point and Word
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience working with an ERP
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication & organization skills
- Demonstrated success leading recommendations and change
- Ability to communicate across peer and up 1 level of the organization both internally and externally
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.