Interline Brands, Inc. (“Interline”) is among the nation’s largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label.
It stocks more than 100,000 plumbing, janitorial, electrical, hardware, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and other MRO products, from more than 3000 suppliers worldwide. Products and value-added services are sold to more than 175,000 active customers, including facilities maintenance customers, professional contractors, and specialty distributors.
Key end-markets include multifamily housing; health care institutions; educational organizations; lodging; plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC contractors; locksmiths and hardware stores. The company operates more than 70 distribution centers / branches and four regional replenishment centers across the United States, which facilitates reliable same-day or next-day delivery service to 98% of the U.S. population.
Interline employs a multi-dimensional sales model to drive market share gains, utilizing the following primary channels: field sales representatives, telesales and direct marketing including online websites, catalogs, business-to-business selling portals, and fliers. With a unified operating platform, the company can sell the same product to various customers utilizing different pricing schedules and different service models, depending on the needs of each customer.
In 2015, Interline was acquired by The Home Depot®, the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,274 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2015, The Home Depot had sales of $88.5 billion and earnings of $7.0 billion. The Company employs more than 385,000 associates. The Home Depot’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor’s.
If you want to join a dynamic organization where leadership strives to put their best foot forward with their employees and their clients, come join the Interline Team.
We are seeking to add an energetic, assertive, self-starter with a positive attitude to join our Renovations Plus team as a Renovations Plus Inventory Buyer. Under the guidance of the Director of Renovations Plus, the position of Renovations Plus Inventory Buyer will perform the functions necessary to obtain and forecast the product costs for the supply of materials to the multi-family renovation market nationwide. The position requires industry knowledge of the standard materials, concepts, practices and techniques of residential multi-family construction and renovation.The purpose of this position is to collaborate with internal and external parties to maintain inventory levels.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Purchase merchandise from vendors into our distribution network leveraging our E3 replenishment system
- Analyze demand history and external factors to forecast demand at the product level
- Set and maintain targeted inventory levels while addressing shortage and overstock situations
- Work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Operations to ensure optimum service levels to our customers
- Manage a diversified vendor base consisting of products across multiple categories.
No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Undergraduate college degree is highly preferred
- Experience with imports/exports is a plus
- A broad based knowledge of product in the categories of lighting, electrical, cabinets, hardware, bath accessories, plumbing, HVAC, flooring, doors, and windows.
- Analytical skills to formulate a best practices approach to the development and growth of the business, and recommend the metrics required to judge and critique the performance of the vendor and the product.
- PC proficiency in Architectural CAD programs, Microsoft Office, and Internet use to maximize efficiencies in the office environment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a purchasing environment. Preferably in the building materials, plumbing, electrical, kitchen-bath or hardware distribution or retail industry.
- Interpersonal skills developed to work in a team environment interacting with sales, customers, project managers, operations, logistic, vendors, contractors, corporate product groups, marketing and management.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines as well as flexibility to meet the daily changes in plans, needs, functions and goals of the division.
- Some travel required, such as trade shows, vendor visits, and corporate meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Possess a solid understanding of supply chain concepts and systems
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in supply chain, operations, purchasing
- Highly analytical; ability to successfully manage large and complex data
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experience with E3 preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.