The Inventory Supervisor oversees the execution and quality of the physical inventory process for the company, including responsibility for ensuring proper cutoffs and quality of inventory counts to obtain an accurate inventory. He/she also trains store/district associates on store operations, inventory prep and count procedures. In addition, the Inventory Supervisor conducts store audits and compliance reviews as needed or requested.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 65% Lead the inventory day process, perform key cutoff procedures, certify the accuracy and integrity of the physical inventory and communicate inventory results to all levels of management
- 15% Test and execute store audits and compliance reviews
- 10% Provide training to store and district associates and management on store operations and all inventory-related procedures
- 10% Assist with developing, testing and implementation of store inventory preparation and physical count processes and procedures
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position reports to Inventory Manager
- Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years retail and/or inventory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to create a sense of urgency in work, reacting quickly and appropriately to developing problems in the store
- Ability to independently make sound business decisions
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to motivate and direct store management and associates to task completion
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work
- Ability to develop one's skill set
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.