Job Code: 398298
Job Location: Minnesota-Plymouth
Incumbents conduct investigative research to support Life New Business. The function is to provide risk evaluation for Underwriting to ensure that decisions are made with full knowledge of with whom we are doing business and to make informed judgments about accepting risk. It also serves to keep the company in compliance with state and federal mandates.
- Conducts desktop investigations through the use of the Internet, databases, telephone interviews, etc.
- Prepares detailed reports within the underwriting system
- Analyzes risk using information based on results of database research
- Maintains statistical data
- Communicates with internal/external customers - verbal and written
- Meets or exceeds production, service and quality standards
- Advanced computer skills - experience with the Internet and databases
- Some understanding of Prudential Image and Workflow Desktop (PIWD), Producer Life Underwriting Service (PLUS) and/or workflow for Underwriting helpful, but not required
- Ability to work in high volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capability of conducting telephone interviews and the ability to extract information
- Demonstrated research skills and attention to detail
- Self motivated and well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi task
- Team player
- Strong decision making, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
- Must be comfortable working at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work independently
This position is located in the Plymouth, MN office. No relocation assistance provided. This is not a remote position.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Underwriting