Investment Associate - Private Equity Funds and Co-Investment
Job Code: 395938
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Associate, Alternative Assets Group – Private Equity Funds and Co-Investment
Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a financial services leader with over $1.0 trillion of assets under management, has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Prudential's diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. In the U.S., Prudential's iconic Rock symbol has stood for strength, stability, expertise and innovation for more than a century.
The Prudential Insurance Company’s Alternative Assets Group is seeking a private equity investment professional to join its growing private equity platform based in Newark, NJ. The Alternative Assets Group is responsible for managing over $8.0 billion in assets, comprised of private equity and hedge funds, as well as real estate and other investments in real assets on behalf of Prudential.
Prudential’s private equity portfolio, with a current net asset value of approximately $4 billion, includes investments in buyout, mezzanine, growth and distressed funds, as well as selective co-investments. The candidate will be expected to:
· Aid portfolio managers in all aspects of the investment sourcing, underwriting and diligence process for primary fund investments, co-investments, and secondary investments;
· Perform ongoing monitoring, analysis and reporting of investments as well as the aggregate portfolio;
· Work with operations, accounting, tax and legal departments as part of the investment due diligence and execution process;
· Conduct market, industry and strategy research and be informed about current and developing sector trends as well as support related analytical projects;
· Work with portfolio managers to optimize Prudential’s private equity portfolio.
· 5 years of relevant work experience (i.e. private equity, credit underwriting, valuation work, or investment banking)
· MBA or CFA preferred, Accounting or Financial undergraduate degree a plus
· Strong analytical and modeling skills
· Credit or Investment Bank training a plus
· Team oriented with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
· Solid verbal and written communications skills
· Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Investment Management