IoT Solutions Architect, APJC
Additional Location(s)Kuala Lumper
Area of InterestProfessional Services
What You'll Do
As an IOT SA, you will be expected to be able to support Cisco’s Business Development initiatives through activities including, but not limited to solution cost/effort estimations, RFP responses, pre-sales meetings etc. Additionally, working with a global team of architects, you will be expected to collaborate and contribute to the development of the practice with other IOT architects and engineers located right around the world. Participating and contributing to industry forums, research journals, white papers etc will be an ongoing part of the role.
Who You'll Work With
The Advanced Services IOT and Cities Solutions Team is responsible for leading the digitisation of Cisco’s largest industrial customers and cities as they seek to connect the unconnected.
The team is comprised of focused, vertically aligned industry experts, who deliver business outcomes through industry best practice architectures and technologies, that drive deeper insights into our customer’s operational technology environments.
The Internet of Things requires that system designs that are both highly available and highly scalable, in order to handle millions of yet to be connected objects over a fully secured ICT fabric that extends beyond the carpeted office space into ruggedised, harsh and extreme environments for operating ICT solutions.
In connecting all of these objects, our customers are able to derive new insights into their business operations, offer new and innovative services to their customers and provide a digital experience that is seamless to none.
Who You Are
General Areas of Expertise
The following background are being sought for the successful candidate:
1. Degree educated, preferably with an Engineering or Computer Science (BEng, BSc) undergraduate degree
2. Post graduate qualifications either in Engineering, Computer Science or a business discipline (e.g. MBA) - desirable
3. CCIE (R&S, Security or SP) or equivalent of 10 years + technical experience in large scale enterprise of service provider networks
4. CCNP (wireless) or equivalent of 3-5+ years level of design and implementation based experience with Cisco’s 802.11 wireless based technologies (APs and Controllers) in large scale networks
5. Experience with Microsoft Windows Server (AD, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, PKI)
6. Experience in operating with a Unix/Linux environment, with a preference towards RHEL
7. Very strong design and documentation skills, with the ability to work from a blank sheet of paper
8. A very strong customer presence with strong communications skills
9. Experience working in consulting or directly for end customers is highly desirable
10. Approximately 30% travel across the APJC theatre, mostly to customer sites as required
The role will suit an individual that:
1. Can work to demanding timelines and consistently deliver high standards of work
2. Is self motivated to find their own success through continuous education
3. Demonstrates patience and flexibility in working with customers who are still learning and evolving towards IP network solutions, for very complex, mission critical systems
4. Has an ability to handle multiple concurrent demands and to manage the time allocated to tasks
5. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with the highest levels of respect towards internal peers, teams, partners and customers
6. Has a positive attitude to finding resolutions for challenges, either technical, commercial or people based, as they present
7. Can work flexible hours as required to accommodate colleagues and customers around the world in different timezones
8. Is comfortable working through advanced collaboration tools (e.g. online meetings, video, interactive chat, email) with customers and colleagues around the world
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.